How to Make Hot Chocolate for One Person.: Ingredients needed: Cocoa Powder (3 teaspoons), Milk (One cup), Sugar*, Marshmallows* and Chocolate bits*
Equipment needed: Heat source (usually a stovetop or hotplate), A Saucepan, a Spoon, and Cup.
Note: Items with an *, are optional
First, fill a cup with milk, then pour it into the saucepan.
- Then, heat the milk until it is hot.
- Add the cocoa powder, and stir until it has mixed with the milk.
- Pour back into the cup, and enjoy!
- Add marshmallows, sugar, whipped cream, or chocolate bits if desired.
Some people like to add other special touches, such as using a candy cane or chocolate straw as a stirrer. You can melt chocolate in place of using the cocoa powder. Other optional additives are spices such as cinnamon or liquors (Chocolate, mint or orange flavored are good). You can heat the milk in a microwave or other heat source, but be careful not to burn the chocolate or scald the milk. Another optional topping is whipped cream and/or chocolate sprinkles.
Adding a small amount of instant coffee intensifies the taste.
Note: You can double the milk to make enough for 2 people but you should multiply the cocoa powder by 1.5 instead of doubling.
There is a related article about hot cocoa on the Home wikia.
You could also use a microwave to do it, but be careful adjusting the temperature to prevent boil-overs and burning.
- Most people drink hot chocolate on cold, snowy days. It is traditional to drink on Christmas (Hanukkah) near the fireplace. Successfully doing this will help you get warm.